What to see in Cabana de Bergantiños
The visitor finds a lot to see in Cabana de Bergantiños . This is a town hall located about 55 km from Santiago de Compostela. Its peculiar composition of coast and mountains and the fact that it covers part of the Ría de Corme and Laxe, where sea and fresh waters converge and join at a point near the famous Costa da Morte, make it a region of great attraction for be explored.
About the area
If you want to spend a pleasant vacation with spectacular views, Cabana is the place for you. The views of the estuary are one of the best on the entire Costa da Morte, since when the sun goes down it leaves a feeling of peace and harmony. In Cabana de Bergantiños we can highlight many things, such as the nature that it contains in its mountains, the great diversity of fauna, but above all we can highlight the food.
We have some wonderful restaurants where you can taste the council’s food, such as all kinds of seafood, thanks to the shellfish workers who do their day-to-day work in the estuaries. In addition, there are also good meat, both pork and beef, and a great quality of vegetables that the villagers grow year after year. If you want to enjoy a sensation that you will not be able to forget thanks to a unique experience, do not forget to go to Cabana de Bergantiños .
What can we see in Cabana de Bergantiños
Castro de Borneiro and Dolmen de Dombate
For lovers of hiking, this tour of just over five hours will give them the opportunity to explore the natural environment of the area and immerse themselves in the place of prehistoric settlements such as Castro de Borneiro, and appreciate the ruins of the 43 buildings inhabited in the first centuries of the Christian era.
The castros were primitive settlements that were strategically located in high areas and as a protection they built a stone wall around the buildings. During the tour, it is impressive to see natural waterfalls, a birch forest and the Dolmen de Dombate, a primitive structure of 4.5 meters high composed of 18 stones, dating from almost 4000 years BC The asphalt and some cobbled paths will make the most pleasant tour for travelers.
Rebordelo Beach is part of the lighthouse route and is located in a little-explored natural environment, which gives it a unique beauty.
Its sand is very white and its waters degrade from turquoise to light blue. It is the ideal place if you are looking to get away from the traditional urban beaches with many tourists. We find it on the AC-431 highway, in the Ponteceso – Laxe direction. Access is by car so it is better to take with you everything you may need, food and drinks
Chapel of Our Lady of Carmen, O Briño
Also known as The Sanctuary of Virtues, it was made entirely of granite between the 16th and 18th centuries. It is located in O Briño and belongs to the Borneiro parish.
Its baroque architecture and the statues of some of the apostles made of stone and framing the main entrance are striking.
Properties in Cabana de Bergantiños
Accommodations in Cabana de Bergantiños
Things to do in Cabana de Bergantiños
Enjoy a day of outdoor activity at Playa O Pendón
This small semi-urban beach is easily accessible, even going by public transport. It is just 100 meters long. Its golden sand invites you to lie down to enjoy the benefits of the sun. Its waters are calm and relaxing. It has showers and unguarded parking with more than forty places. You can go to it at any time of the day, either for a dip or in the company of a good book.
Savor Spanish food at Mariscos a Ría
An emblematic restaurant in the area, its customers repeat for the good service and its exquisite dishes. Their menu offers vegetarian options. They are located on Rúa Canduas . An excellent option to enjoy regional food.
What to do in Cabana de Bergantiños
Dolmen of Dombate
- Description : It is a monument from the Neolithic era, dated between 3000 and 2500 BC, formed by seven large vertical slabs and one that covers them forming a polygonal chamber, this collective corridor tomb is considered the “cathedral of megalithism” in Galicia. We highlight of this “cathedral” its polychrome rock carvings in black and red colors, obtained from charcoal and iron oxide respectively. These engravings cannot be seen with the naked eye since we do not have direct access to the Dolmen, but there is a replica in the museum located at the entrance of the complex to which we can access. Along with the Dolmen, in the excavation, materials such as flint blades, polished arrows and axes, necklaces and ceramic elements were also found.
- Address : Dombate, 1, 15119 Cabana de Bergantiños, A Coruña
- Hours : Friday to Sunday from 11: 00-14: 00, 16: 00-20: 00. Tuesday to Thursday 10: 00-14: 00
- Telephone : 672 43 57 36
- WEB : https://www.dacoruna.gal/patrimonio/dolmen-dombate/
- Map : https://goo.gl/maps/GaEye5j1hu5DmgAP6
- Possibility of visiting with a guide.
Torre a penela
- Description: This tower was part of a medieval fortification that, with its thick and hermetic walls, guarded and protected the county. Converted into a pazo at the beginning of the seventeenth century. It is the only one that remains standing of the four that were built. The tower, with a square base and crenellated with four heights, of which it only conserves two, has a semicircular arched door and a heraldic shield worn with the arms of the Castro, Riobóo and Bermúdez family.
- Address : 15149 A Penela, A Coruña / 43 ° 11’09.2 “N 8 ° 51’29.8” W
- Map : https://goo.gl/maps/ANHHM1AEVXXdKqYy6
- Description: Discovered in 1924, in the different excavations carried out. This city is located next to the rivers where the necessary water could be supplied. In addition, it has walls that served to protect itself from possible enemy attacks, since the higher the walls were, the more difficult it would be to access the town. From the fort, which is at a height of 200 meters, you can see the entire mouth of the Anllóns River and the Ría de Corme and Laxe. The houses are circular in shape, about 5 meters each, where the entire lower part of them is preserved. In addition to the houses, there are remains of other areas of the town where some of the common tasks of the population were carried out.
- Address : AC-430, 2, 15119, A Coruña / 43.194605, -8.952434
- Telephone : 981 75 42 30
- Web : http://www.concello-cabana.es/
- Map : https://goo.gl/maps/7vLAQ2PbSfSvfe8r5
All kinds of routes through Cabana de Bergantiños, hiking and sports such as ballroom dancing, soccer, basketball and table tennis, and also the possibility of swimming in the municipal swimming pool.
Other sites of interest
San Martin Restaurant
- Address : Calle As Grelas, 34, 15116, A Coruña.
- Hours : Saturday to Thursday from 9: 00-24: 00. Friday from 10: 00-16: 00.
- Contact telephone number: 981 75 44 03.
- Price : €
- Address : Neaño C / Cuatro Caminos N6 CP15115.
- Hours : Monday to Sunday from 11: 00-16: 00, 19: 00-23: 00.
- Contact phone : 654 42 17 13.
- Reservations : https://www.eltenedor.es/restaurante/casa-sabelo-r369509
- Price : €
Sea of Ardora
- Address : Revoltas, 15115 La Coruña.
- Hours : Tuesday to Saturday from 13: 00-16: 00, 21: 00-23: 30. Sunday from 13: 00-16: 00.
- Telephone : 981 75 43 11.
- Mobile : 659 07 46 33.
- Price : €
- Address : Estrada Buño Laxe, 45, 15116 As Grelas, A Coruña.
- Hours : Monday to Sunday from 9: 00-24: 00, except closed on Wednesdays.
- Telephone : 981 75 40 23.
- Price : €
- Address : Estrada do Bosque, 15, 15115, A Coruña.
- Hours : Tuesday to Sunday from 10: 00-16: 00, 18: 30-23: 00. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 10: 00-16: 00. Mondays closed.
- Telephone : 981 71 45 15.
- Price : €
A Carballa Bakery
- Address : Estrada de Cesullas, 6, 15115 Cabana Bergantiños, A Coruña
- Hours : Monday to Sunday from 8: 00-14: 00
- Telephone : 664 28 13 72
- Address : o broño, 18, Neaño, A Coruña
- Telephone : 981 71 45 81
- Address: O Piñeiro, 6, 15149, A Coruña
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from 8: 30-21: 00
- Telephone: 981 74 87 09
- Address : CARRETERA LA, 15115 A Carballa, A Coruña
- Hours : Open on Thursdays from 8: 15-14: 15, and 16: 30-19: 15. Mondays from 8: 15-14: 15
- Telephone : 981 75 40 22
- WEB : https://www.abanca.com/es/
Cabana Health Center
- Address : 15115 A Carballa, A Coruña
Juana Romero Senande
- Address : Lugar Pedra, 40, 15149 Nantón, A Coruña
- Hours : Monday to Friday from 9: 00-14: 00, 16: 30-20: 30. Saturdays from 9: 30-14: 00.
- Telephone : 981 73 47 33
Fernando Electrician Workshop
- Address : Place Briño Nº2, 15119 Borneiro, A Coruña
- Hours :
- Telephone: 606 15 52 45
- Address : Calle As Grelas 18 Bajo Canduas, 15116 Cabana de Bergantiños, A Coruña
- Hours : Monday to Friday from 9: 00-13: 00, 14: 30-8: 30.
- Telephone : 981 75 42 31
Rodríguez workshops and cranes
- Address : AC-430, 221, 15116 Tras Da Agra, A Coruña
- Hours :
- Telephone : 981 75 40 54
Map of Places of Interest of Cabana de Bergantiños
Site of tourist interest, useful sites so that you know where they are located, etc …